Can I join?

Anyone who joins a credit union has to have something in common with the other members. This is called the ‘common bond’ and is part of the legal status of the credit union.

To join our Credit Union: you must either live, work, study or volunteer inside the boundaries of Norfolk, Suffolk or Cambridgeshire.

So you need to be able to assure the credit union of at least one of the following:

  • I live within the above boundaries;
  • I work in the above area (full time or part time, permanent or temporary, casual as and when required, paid or unpaid);
  • I work outside the above boundaries, but I do some of my duties within the area;
  • I am self-employed and I work within the above boundaries;
  • I am a volunteer in the above area;
  • I attend full time or part time education within the above areas.

I am employed by:

  • East of England Co-operative Society Ltd
  • Greene King PLC
  • East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
  • Norfolk & Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
  • Freebridge Housing Association
  • Ipswich Borough Council
  • Breckland District Council
  • Broadland District Council

or I am a tenant of one of:

  • Broadland Housing Association
  • Crosskeys Homes
  • Cambridge Housing Society
  • Daisy Lettings Limited
  • Flagship Housing Association
  • Hundred Housing Society
  • Havebury Housing Partnership
  • Orwell Housing Association Ltd
  • Renaissance Property Management Limited
  • Suffolk Housing Society
  • Orbit Housing Group

or I have enrolled at one of:

  • British Racing School
  • Northern Racing College
  • Racing Welfare
  • The National Stud

There is one other category of membership available. If someone lives in the household of a member of the credit union and are related to him/her, and doesn’t usually qualify to join, they can join.

When becoming a member you will be required to show proof of your identity. Don't worry we accept much wider range than banks do, but see our ID requirements for more information.